Monday 8 August 2011

WHAT a TRIP!!

It's 10am on Monday morning and the Ottawa girls from the Premier women's crew are still in Tampa, getting ready to leave for home. We're a little slow this morning (thanks in large part to a bar called "Wet Willies"), but we're all still feeling the rush of the past week.

As a recap, here were the results for Team Canada Women's Premier
2Km - gold
1Km - gold
200m standard boat - silver
200m baby boat - gold
500m - gold

So while the premier women cleaned shop and won the women's cup (woo hoo!!!), the rest of Team Canada did just as well!!! I believe the unofficial medal count ended something like this (for all of Canada)

41 gold, 12 silver, 8 bronze... woot woot!!!

I can't believe this whole year, the training, the anticipation, the sacrifices is over.... BUT .... while this short term goal is over, i CAN't WAIT to start training for my next event (I've heard whisperings of an OC race in Hawaii and a dragonboat festival in Milan next summer).

I will post some pictures and a wonderful video of our team singing Oh Canada on the podium when my connection isn't so spotty...

Have a great day and to all Team Canada athletes... you make (and have made) your country proud! I'm so lucky to have shared this week with all of you!!

1 comment: