Friday 29 July 2011

T minus 10 hours

So I spent the day running around and getting a lot of last minute errands done - and then procrastinated to the point where I waited until 8pm to begin packing. So much for trying to be on top of it all ;)

This afternoon, I signed into work to check emails one last time and my boss had sent a note out to 200 of my colleagues wishing me (and the rest of the team) good luck. The best part of the email was the last little bit - and I think all the women on the team would benefit from this - "paddle like you stole it". It was pretty inspirational :)

So anyway - our flight leaves tomorrow morning at 7. We arrive in Tampa sometime around 2pm and then have the evening off. Practice starts on Sunday morning where will be paddling in a new type of boat (to us at least). They are lighter, but tippier, so excited to see how the muscle in the women's boat will make it fly!!!!

Packing has been interesting. I thought of getting a gun case to make sure our paddles make it down and don't get busted by the baggage handlers. Canadian tire was sold out, so instead We've managed to jam over 800$ worth of carbon fibre paddles into a snowboard bag - hopefully, they arrive still in one piece :).

I'm nervous, excited, terrified, happy and optimistic - a good way to feel before leaving I guess :).


That's it for now. Wish us luck in traveling down :)


Sent from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Goodluck to all the members of The Canadian National Team! And a extra special goodluck to you paddle hard bring home some medals. I love you lots and miss you already!

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete