Friday 26 September 2014

Dropped the ball on posting about CCWC!!

Well... surprise, surprise... I dropped the ball (again) on posting about the Club Crew World Championships held in Ravenna, Italy in September.

To make a very long and drawn out post (that much) shorter, here are the juicy pieces:

2000m - World Champions (Women's Premier)
200m - 2nd place (Women's Premier)
500m - World Champions (Women's Premier)

Not too bad ;)

Plus we got some great media love from the Ottawa Citizen here: http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/local-sports/ottawas-galley-girls-dragon-boat-team-win-big-at-world-event

I don't have many pictures from the first couple of days, but managed to pawn my camera off to Krysta's fiancee (as of a few days ago) to take pictures on the last day - so here goes :)

Medal Winners for the 500m Women's Premier Race



Me and my teammate Dr. Gina



Have to have a picture of my wonderful running buddy Guinness (just before I left) :)



Galley Girls celebrating a world championship in the 500m with a nice champagne toast



Krysta and I 

Getting my 500m medal

Paddling up to the start of the 500m final - I'm seat 7 on the right

No comments:

Post a Comment