Tuesday 10 June 2014

30 hours of travel + 5 hours of sleep + 5 races.....

‎I arrived in Fuzhou around 1am this morning as did my paddles (yay!), and we've hit the ground running. 

The first world cup in dragonboat opened this afternoon, and we have already had five races today including 1000m pursuit style team races around a 250m course, 400m relay races and 200m straight races. 

With each race, we get a bit more confident and comfortable paddling together, and we're hoping that a good night of sleep will help even more. 

The racing is good - very competitive (which is why we are here, really), but the experience is very different racing co-ed than it is single sex. Also, our boat has adopted a different technique for paddling, so it's all about meshing as quickly as we can.

The host hotel is nice enough, but I've been having a hard time finding food I can eat. It's going to be a lot of steamed book chop and protein powder over the next few days, I'm sure. 

It's about 9pm here, and I'm beyond exhausted, so this post is really just to update friends and loved ones that I'm alive and made it.


No comments:

Post a Comment